Date : Place : Lyon
Date : Deadline : 31.10.2021 Place : Paris
Date : Deadline : 25.10.2021 Place : Strasbourg
Videos have become a new tool available to the CIERA community of researchers. Hosted on the CIERA YouTube channel, they allow research work, themes and publications, etc. to be promoted in another way and to a different public.
This is the name given to the short video series launched in April 2020. These videos allow researchers in the CIERA community to express themselves. The series was initially designed to shed light on topics emerging out of public debate, linked to questions concerning the Covid-19 pandemic. It is now open to all topics. The goal? To communicate Franco-German research in the humanities and social sciences to a broader audience.
THE LATEST EPISODES
In order to provide a very broad broadcasting platform for CIERA’s extra-mural events, and other public activities, the channel hosts the repeat broadcasts of these events.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
mit Senthuran Varatharajah und Marina Skalova
In collaboration with the publishers of member institutions and other partners, notably the Septentrion University Press [LINK], CIERA contributes to the publication of books drawn from the various scientific events it supports, including: study days, training-research programmes, and junior conferences.
Dialogiques is a collection created by CIERA and included in the collection “Bibliothèque allemande” of the éditions Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme. It hosts monographs and collective works on German and Franco-German lands, within an open horizon to Europe and the world beyond Europe.
The collection aims to focus on comparative approaches, while showing, through the analysis of transfers and cross-cutting studies, the logic of interdependence that shapes national groupings in Europe.
By considering both the historical dimension of its objects and their insertion into current affairs, Dialogiques aims to be a laboratory of the diversity of areas and approaches. It seeks to stimulate thinking on the contributions of the humanities and social sciences to the understanding of the world of today.
The collection also hosts books drawn from PhDs awarded with the Michael Werner prize
INNOVATIVE INSTRUMENTS TO ENHANCE YOUR RESEARCH
CIERA proposes a set of activities to help you to enhance your research work within the scientific community, as well as with students and the general public. The Centre contributes to the publication of reviews, articles and books. It also participates in the dissemination of scientific knowledge to the general public on social networks and through its series of videos.
TOOLS AT YOUR SERVICE
- The journal Trajectoires for young researchers: is open to young researchers enrolled in CIERA who wish to publish the results of an interdisciplinary and Franco-German event, a summary of a PhD or an article.
- The Dialogiques collection is published in the “Bibliothèque allemande” collection of the éditions Fondation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme. It hosts books devoted to German and Franco-German issues.
- The Michael Werner PhD prize is awarded every two years to young PhD students enrolled in CIERA. Prize-winning PhDs are published in the Dialogiques collection.
- Les carnets de recherche du CIERA (The CIERA Research Notebooks). This blog is the ideal platform for publishing the proceedings of the events supported by the CIERA.
- Germano-Fil and Franco-Fil. These two blogs are organised jointly with the German Historical Institute, and host feedback on documentary research in France and Germany. The Germano-Fil blog is open to your testimonies!
- Instantanés (or snapshots) is a series of videos for and by community members that showcase their work outside of the usual venues and to a wider audience.
CIERA is also present on social networks, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to highlight news from the members of its community. Follow us and share!
SUPPORTING MOBILITY TO VISIT GERMANY AND THE GERMAN-SPEAKING COUNTRIES
CIERA offers mobility support for research stays (at master’s degree, PhD and post-doctoral levels) or for internships (master’s level) in Germany or another German-speaking country in the field of humanities and social sciences.
CIERA mobility support is reserved for students and PhD students enrolled in a higher education institution in France.
To find out more about the conditions of eligibility visit our page in French.
WHAT TYPE OF SCHOLARSHIPS?
TO COMPLETE AN INTERNSHIP
- The “René Lasserre” mobility support
TO CARRY OUT A RESEARCH STAY
- Mobility support for recent PhD graduates
- Complete PhD support — for PhD students not receiving any funding
- Partial PhD support — for PhD students already receiving funding for their PhD research
- Mobility support for master’s degree students