The Centre for German and European Studies (St. Petersburg University—Bielefeld University) in cooperation with the Council of Young Scientists of the Faculty of Sociology (St. Petersburg University), supported by DAAD, are pleased to announce the eighth competition of research papers by students in social sciences and humanities in-terested in comparative Russian-European research. Winners will receive financial support to conduct an empirical research in Europe (for Russian students) or Russia (for European students).
More about the programm can be found on the CGES Website.
REQUIREMENTS TO PAPERS
1. Size: 6 000-7 000 words, including abstract, references, illustrations, and tables.
2. Language: English.
3. File type: Microsoft Word (*.doc). Font—Times New Roman 12, line spacing—1.5.
4. The paper has to be entitled and to contain an abstract as well as 4-5 key words/word combinations. 500 words
or less in total.
5. Text may be illustrated with photos, schemes, and pictures in *.png, *.jpg, *.tif, *.pdf (max. 500 kb each).
6. The papers submitted by applicants from Europe are to focus on topical issues of Russian studies /Russian socie-ties, while papers by Russian applicants must contain research of one of the issues cornerstone to European stud-ies /European societies. The papers comparing Europe and Russia are particularly welcome.
7. The study presented in the paper may be purely literature-based, but in that case an outline of the planned em-pirical study must be provided. Russian authors are to describe a study to be conducted in Europe and European authors—a study to be conducted in Russia.
PAPER SUBMISSION AND KEY DATES
➜ Papers, supplemented with an academic CV and a motivation letter, should be sent to the organizing committee before October 11, 2021 via e-mail: email@example.com. Papers received after the deadline will not be considered.
➜ The competition final will take place in November 2021 in Saint-Petersburg. Finalists are expected to present their papers in English to the jury in person. The finalists unable to attend the final owing to COVID-related travel restrictions will have an opportunity to present online.
FINALISTS AND WINNERS
➜ Finalists will take part in the international seminar on paper preparation and publication in international scientific journals under the guidance of a European instructor.
➜ Winners will receive financial support to take a research trip to Europe (Russian participants) or to Russia
(participants from Europe) in early 2022 to collect empirical data and to develop the research.
➜ Elaborated papers presenting the results of the empirical studies will be published in the CGES Working Papers series (international online periodical edition, for details see “Scientific Dialogue > Publications” on the webpage of the Centre for German and European Studies).
Pour tout savoir des opportunités offertes par le réseau des centres d'études allemandes et européennes du DAAD dans le monde contactez Nathalie Faure : firstname.lastname@example.org