The Centre for German and European Studies (St. Petersburg State University—Bielefeld University) in cooperation with the Council of Young Scientists of the Faculty of Sociology (St. Petersburg State University), supported by DAAD, are pleased to announce the sixth competition of research papers by students in social sciences and humanities in-terested in comparative Russian-European research. Winners will receive financial support to conduct an empirical research in Europe (for Russian students) or Russia (for European students)
REQUIREMENTS TO PAPERS
- Size: 6 000-7 000 words, including abstract, references, illustrations and tables.
- Language: English.
- File type: Microsoft Word (*.doc). Font—Times New Roman 12, line spacing—1.5.
- The paper has to be entitled and to contain an abstract as well as 4-5 key words/word combinations. 500 words or less in total.
- Text may be illustrated with photos, schemes, and pictures in *.png, *.jpg, *.tif, *.pdf (max. 500 kb each).
- The papers submitted by applicants from Europe are to focus on topical issues of Russian studies /Russian socie-ties, while papers by Russian applicants must contain research of one of the issues cornerstone to European stud-ies /European societies. The papers comparing Europe and Russia are particularly welcome.
- The study presented in the paper may be purely literature-based, but in any case the research logic should imply empirical data collection (for European students — in Russia, for Russian students — in Europe) and analysis.
Papers not meeting these requirements will be desk rejected.
PAPER SUBMISSION AND KEY DATES
- Papers, supplemented with an academic CV and a motivation letter, should be sent to the organizing committee before October 15, 2019 via e-mail: email@example.com. Papers received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The competition final will take place in November 2019 in Saint-Petersburg. Finalists will present their papers in English to the jury.
ATTENTION : Afin que votre candidature puisse être prise en compte vous devez également l'adresser à Nathalie Faure : firstname.lastname@example.org
FINALISTS AND WINNERS
- Finalists will take part in the international seminar on papers writing and publishing in international journals un-der the guidance of a European instructor.
- Winners will receive financial support to take a research trip to Europe (Russian participants) or to Russia (participants from Europe) in early 2020 to collect empirical data and to develop the research.
- Elaborated papers presenting the results of the empirical studies will be published in CGES Working Papers se-ries (international online periodical edition, for details see “Research > Publications” on the webpage of the Centre for German and European Studies).